- The most compact Nikon digital SLR ever, featuring intuitive controls and ergonomics designed for everyone
- Nikon DX Format CCD imaging sensor, producing 3,872 x 2,592-pixel images
Fast continuous shooting mode enables up to 100 JPEG images (FINE L-size or smaller) at 3 frames* per second
*The fastest frame rates can be achieved by choosing manual focus, rotating the mode dial to S or M and selecting a shutter speed of 1/250 s. or faster, using defaults for all other settings.
- High-precision digital image processing algorithms for natural-looking pictures with faithful color and tone reproduction
- Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II for ideal exposures in almost any lighting condition
- Advanced three-area AF system and refined algorithms for fast, efficient and precise autofocus
- Automatic and manual control over ISO sensitivity from ISO 100 to 1600, as well as HI 1 (manual only)
- Eight Digital Vari-Programs that adjust camera settings automatically for incredible scene-specific pictures. Selections include Auto, Auto (Flash Off), Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close Up, and Night Portrait
- Quick 0.18 second power-up to respond to every photographic opportunity
- Versatile shutter speed control ranging from 30 to 1/4000 s., plus bulb
- Creative in-camera effects and editing functions consolidated under the Retouch menu, including D-Lighting, Red-eye correction, Trim, Monochrome settings, Filter Effects, Small Picture and Image Overlay
- A large 2.5-inch LCD monitor with viewing angle of approx. 170 degrees in all directions
- Innovative information displays can be shown in Classic, Graphic or Wallpaper format
- Handy assist images that help photographers select the right camera settings
- Bright and clear viewfinder with 0.8x magnification for precise composition
- Long-life rechargeable lithium-ion battery that allows up to 520 images* on a single charge (*CIPA standards)
- Built-in Flash with Nikon’s dependable i-TTL flash control
- Supports the Nikon Creative Lighting System when using the SB-800, SB-600, SB-400, SB-R200 or the R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight system for accurate exposures via i-TTL flash and versatile wireless operation
- Nikon’s PictureProject software to share, organize and edit pictures with ease.
- Capture NX software (available separately) for creative photo editing with NEF (RAW), JPEG and TIFF images. Thanks to U Point™ technology, by Nik Software Inc., radical and subtle image enhancements are as easy as a few clicks
Your shopping cart is empty!